Friday, May 9, 2014

Creativity: Photo Essay

The Photo Essay which I was creating has been completed. It can be viewed by clicking on the link on the right side of the blog saying 'Photo Essay'.

As planned, I had used Adobe Lightroom to edit the photos which I had taken since I found it easier to produce effects on that than on Photoshop.


Above is a screenshot I had taken while editing the Photoshops in Lightroom.

Through this project I was able to undertake a new challenge since this was the first time that I was creating a Photo Essay and although I previously had Adobe Lightroom, this was also the first time that I had used this program in a context of editing photos. This allowed me to develop new skills in terms of my ability to edit photographs in Lightroom.

Overall I found this to be a good learning experience for me since it allowed me to experiment with programs which I was previously unfamiliar with. I will also be updating the Photo Essay with different editing styles of the photographs. After talking with Mr. Lockwood about my Photo Essay he advised me to try out different and more consistent styles. With that in mind, with the same photographs used, I'll be using a particular style for each of them such as all of the pictures being in black and white.
Doing this will further allowed me to build my knowledge in terms of the best or most appealing ways of designing Photo Essays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment