Friday, May 9, 2014

Creativity: Sign Language

Another aspect of Creativity which I will be taking part is Sign Language. I was able to sign up for it last week and i'm able to learn Sign Language there. The main 'teacher' of sign language who is present is a deaf individual who helps us out when we don't know a word, along with Miss Fert, who is the other supervisor.

The first thing I got to learn when I went to this activity was the alphabets and then learning to say certain sentences.
So far, through sign language i'm able to convey the following sentences;
My name is Nishant. I am 16 years old. I am Indian. I study in the Overseas School. I have 1 brother and no sisters. I live in Colombo.

Although it took a while to get a hang of it, learning to say them was a great experience allowing me to develop new skills. 

I'm hoping to learn more phrases in Sign Language and also to master the alphabets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment