Sunday, November 3, 2013

Action: Gym

For action, I have been visiting the Gym once every week on saturday. So far, I have gone to the gym 4 times in the past 4 weeks and have spent a total of 5 hours there.

I normally spend about 20-25 minutes on the treadmill which I found to be very helpful since it helps build my overall stamina while running. I started off slow but the amount I run every week is increasing. One the first week I ran a total of about 1.5km and on the second week, I ran about 2.3km with the speed being significantly faster than what it was on the first week. Since its only 2 weeks, its hard to say whether my stamina has improved greatly over this time since its too early, but I'm hoping that it would as I run greater distances in greater speeds.

After going on the treadmill, I normally move on to use the other equipment in the Gym such as bench press, dumb bells, etc.

Here are some pictures that I was able to take in the Gym:


(Back exercise in Week 2)

(Lifting weights on the 4th Week)
(4th Week)

The number of sets i've been doing is increasing and the weights are also rising. For example, I initially started off with doing 3 sets of eight on the first week, then on the second week it increased to 2 sets of 8 and 1 set of 10, then on the third and fourth week, we increased it to 3 sets of 10. By doing this, we planned and initiated activities.

I developed many new skills by going to the gym. For example, when I started out, the way I used the equipment was not right, and my supervisor was able to correct me and show me the correct way to operate the gym equipment.

Overall, I feel that going to the Gym has helped me a lot since I was learning new techniques and developed my physically and mentally by not giving up and always doing that extra push-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment