Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Creativity: Recycling posters

The current on-going Creativity project which I am working on involves creating posters that are related to recycling.

Being a member of the Recycling service group, I proposed an idea to Mr. Lockwood and the Recycling supervisors about me creating posters regarding recycling.
The type of posters that I am planning to make are the ones which encourage Recycling within the school and interesting ones which contain facts about Recycling and how it helps the environment as a whole. By doing this I will be engaged in issues of global importance due to Recycling becoming an important aspect of today's world and also how creating posters help spreads awareness amongst each other.

I initially planned this activity 2 weeks ago and it took me a while to come up with ideas as to what the posters would contain. I was hoping to be done with the posters by the beginning of this week however due to the workload that has been piled on us these past 2 weeks, I wasn't able to finish creating them, however, I do have a few pictures of the beginning stages of the posters.

The posters will be created using Photoshop CS6 and thus I was be able to improve my skills in that area further.

Below are a few screenshots of the draft backgrounds of a poster which I am working on at the moment:

This is one of my layouts which I am working on. Creating this background took a while due to the amount of layers being put above it. For example, to create the light green effect in the middle, the blending option of gradient overlay had to be put on the first layer, from then on I added different patterns while decreasing their opacity in order to not allow a single one dominate the whole poster but to rather let them all blend in together. And to add the shadow, I used a light brush with a low opacity on the corners of the poster. I then addethe OSC logo, giving it a white color overlay and added the recycling text in the middle. I felt that the font seemed to 'fit' the theme which was present in the poster. The size of this poster is A4. I feel that this background fits the nature of this poster due to it having a green paper look to it.

This is another background that I had created for the same layout. Even the background present in this poster seems to fit the theme of 'Recycling'. To create this background, I had to put a color overlay of black to the first layer to not make it appear 'too bring' and then adjusted the opacity of the grass until I got something which I was happy with. I then added the shadows to the corners with the help of a light brush.


These are not the final pieces of the posters, I still have to add more content to the layouts which are present above and these also are not all the posters that I will be creating, I'm hoping to be done with the posters by the end of this week and this post would be updated with the final results along with the pictures of the Recycling posters.



No comments:

Post a Comment